Crunchyroll has announced the celebrity and star-studded lineup of anime fans for the 2023 Anime Awards. Some of the presenters are actor Finn Wolfhard, director Robert Rodriguez, and athlete Juju Smith-Schuster.
California's Culver City, February 16, 2023 - The seventh annual Crunchyroll Anime Awards will take place March 4, 2023 in Tokyo, and a number of famous presenters, including Robert Rodriguez, Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things, Pinocchio), Zelina Vega of WWE, Juju Smith-Schuster of the Kansas City Chiefs, top streaming talent, and others, have been announced.
“I love anime, it’s an art form that has always inspired me. For the creators, it’s unbound creativity and freedom of expression, where they can make truly iconic, creative worlds and characters,” said Robert Rodriguez, award-winning writer, and director of such iconic films as Sin City and most recently an episode of The Mandalorian. “Anime is a crucible for new ideas and fresh perspectives in entertainment. So I’m very excited to help celebrate the grand winners being honored at the Crunchyroll Anime Awards in Japan.”
The full list of talent includes:
- Aidan Hutchinson, an American football defensive end for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League.
- Finn Wolfhard, actor, musician, and director (Stranger Things, Pinocchio, Ghostbusters, IT)
- Hunter Schafer, actress, and artist (Euphoria and the upcoming The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes)
- Jacob Bertrand, actor (Cobra Kai)
- Juju Smith-Schuster, American football wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League
- Robert Rodriguez, film director, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer, editor, and musician (Desperado, From Dusk Till Dawn, Alita: Battle Angel)
- Zelina Vega, WWE Superstar
- Sykkuno, one of the largest streamers on YouTube Gaming (9.8M+ followers)
- Valkyrae, one of the biggest female streamers in the world (13M followers) and the co-owner of 100 Thieves
Additional global talent and musical performances will be announced soon.
“I have been a huge anime fan since I was a kid. It has been a part of my whole life, till this day, it has helped me so much. I’m an NFL athlete and I get to represent this anime world. So for me to present an Anime Award to some of the greatest shows in the world, it's the best,” said Juju Smith-Schuster, NFL wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs, fresh off a Super Bowl win.
The Crunchyroll Anime Awards are the premier annual awards show that recognizes the creators, musicians, and performances from streaming and live-action anime. The candidates this year showcase the best of anime from more than 30 anime studios, eight streaming services, more than 50 series and movies, and more than 50 voice performers.
On Saturday, March 4, 2023, the Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa in Tokyo will host the Anime Awards, a live event that will honor the talent and creators behind the community's favorite anime series. The ceremony will be hosted by Sally Amaki, a well-known voice actress, and Jon Kabira, a well-known entertainer. On YouTube and Twitch, fans may watch the Crunchyroll channels' live streams of the Anime Awards.
Crunchyroll will get assistance from Sony Music Solutions, a division of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., in organizing the occasion, which will be streamed for a global audience.