The upcoming expansion of BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense's English dub was set to go live yesterday, January 25 on Crunchyroll. Viewers can look forward to new adventures, new powers, and new companions!
Take a look at the cast and crew as they prepare for the first episode, which is titled "Maxing Defense and Christmas":
- Kaede / Maple voiced by Megan Shipman (Anya in SPY x FAMILY)
- Risa / Sally voiced by Jad Saxton (Misuzu in Tomo-chan Is a Girl!)
- Kasumi voiced by Tia Ballard (Chiho in The Devil is a Part-Timer!)
- Kanade voiced by Brittney Karbowski (Nanachi in Made in Abyss)
- May voiced by Sara Ragsdale (Riko in Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid)
- Yui voiced by Kristen McGuire (Fuyutsuki in The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague)
- Kuromu voiced by Anthony Bowling (Franky in SPY x FAMILY)
- Iz voiced by Caitlin Glass (Ariane in Skeleton Knight in Another World)
- Payne voiced by Clifford Chapin (Claude in I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss)
- Dread voiced by Mike McFarland (Jean in Attack on Titan)
- Frederica voiced by Lindsay Seidel (Desumi in Love After World Domination)
- Drag voiced by Jarrod Greene (Arai in Chainsaw Man)
- Mii voiced by Terri Doty (Minare in Wave, Listen to Me!)
- Shin voiced by Derick Snow (Ego in BLUELOCK)
- Markus voiced by Aaron Dismuke (Senku in Dr. STONE)
- Misery voiced by Morgan Lauré (Hime in Kakushigoto)
- Syrup voiced by Natalie Rose (Aku in Demon Lord, Retry!)
- Oboro voiced by Samantha Herek (Hilda in Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation)
- Dorazou voiced by Monica Rial (Asirpa in Golden Kamuy)
- Additional Voices: Luci Christian, Jennifer Alyx, Molly Searcy, Kelly Greenshield, Kirsty Johnson, Ben Phillips, Bryson Baugus, David Wald, Anthony DiMascio, James Larabee, Seth Jones
- ADR Director: Natalie Rose
- ADR Booth Engineer: Tina Son
- Assistant ADR Booth Engineers: Sawyer Pfledderer, Kim Morton, Helena Walstrom
- ADR Mix Engineer: Neal Malley
- ADR Script Supervisor: Emily Neves
- ADR Script Writer: Ben Phillips
- ADR Prep: Ry McKeand
Bofuri is a series of Japanese light novels created by Yuumikan and Koin. On the user-generated book publishing website Shosetsuka ni Naro, it began serializing online in 2016. After purchasing it, Fujimi Shobo released the first volume of the light novel in September 2017 under the Kadokawa Books banner.
As of January 2023, fifteen volumes had been published. Since May 2018, a Jiro Oimoto-illustrated manga adaptation has been serialized in Kadokawa Shoten's seinen manga magazine Comp Ace and collected into six tankobon volumes. The North American rights to the light novel and manga have been licensed by Yen Press. From January through March 2020, Silver Link's version of an anime television series was broadcast.
About Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense's
The light novel series and anime known as "BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense." tells the story of Maple, a young woman who begins playing a virtual reality game known as "New World Online" and decides to put all of her points into defense rather than attack. As a result of this decision, she becomes nearly invulnerable in the game, but her character's movement and attack speed become very slow. Despite this, she is successful in making friends with other players and collaborating with them to fulfill tasks and clear out dungeons.
The show is well-known for its comedic tone and light-hearted approach, but it manages to keep its narrative and character development engaging all the same. The first episode of the anime premiered in January 2020, while the light fantasy series is still being published.