New FULL METAL PANIC! Anime Series Coming Fall 2017
At the Fantasia Bunko Daikanshasai celebration on Saturday, it was confirmed that the new Full Metal Panic! anime series will air Fall 2017. However, Kyoto Animation will not be returning to handle production duties.
A new Full Metal Panic! anime series will be debuting during the Fall 2017 anime season. Xebec will be handling animation duties, replacing Kyoto Animation who previously produced the previous 3 series.
The new series will be titled Full Metal Panic! IV which acknowledges the previous three season:
- Full Metal Panic 2002 - 24 episodes
- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu 2003 - 12 episodes
- Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid 2006 - 13 episodes
Anime and manga fans are a bit surprised by the title as it acknowledges Fumofffu, which is a much more comedic take on the series of light novels written by Shoji Gatoh and illustrated by Shiki Douji. Most fans consider Fumofffu to be non-canon.
Ten years later, are you excited for more FMP!?
Full Metal Panic! IV's Staff
- Director: Katsuichi Nakayama (Bodacious Space Pirates The Movie: Abyss of Hyperspace's Assistant Director, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 episode 21's Director)
- Series Composition and Script Writer: Shoji Gatoh (Full Metal Panic! andAmagi Brilliant Park's Original Creator)
- Chief Animation Director and Character Design: Osamu Horiuchi (the Full Metal Panic! series and Hayate the Combat Butler's Character Design)
- Sub-Character Design: Aya Yamamoto (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! episodes 11 and 13's Animation Director)
- Animation Director and Small Arms Design: Takeshi Yoshioka (Macross Frontier Movie 1 and 2's Key Animation)
- Mechanical Design: Kanetake Ebikawa (the Full Metal Panic! series andGundam 00's Mechanical Design), Toshiaki Ihara (the Full Metal Panic! series and "I can Friday by day!'s" Mechanical Design)
- Set Design: Takayuki Yanase (Zegapain and Xenoblade Chronicles X'sMechanical Design)
- Mechanical Director: Masanori Nishii (Space Battleship Yamato 2199's Chief Mechanical Director, Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure's Key Animation)
- Prop Design and Mechanical Animation Director: Takuya Matsumura (Broken Blade's Mechanical Animation Director, Zoids/ZERO's In-Between Animation)
- Mechanical Animation Director: Yu Kato (EX-Driver the Movie and The Princess and the Pilot's Key Animation)
- CG Director: Shosuke Uechi (Space Battleship Yamato 2199's CG Technical Chief, Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin's CG Design)
- Color Key: Chiaki Kitabayashi (Broken Blade's Color Check Assistance,Fafner Exodus' Color Setting)
- Special Effects: Shin Inoie (Code Geass: Akito the Exile and Gundam 00 Second Season's Special Effects)
- Animation Production: Xebec (Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and Broken Blade's Animation Production)